Wow. There is no reason to go to the mall for your presents. Seriously, there are so many great choices of local and global art to buy that supports artists and communities. Here are a few choices this weekend, more to come.
1. Greetings from Jane Baker! You are cordially invited to my Annual Open Studio … mulled wine will be served!
Dates: Saturday Dec. 5th and Sunday Dec. 6th, 2009.
Times: 11:00am – 4:00pm.
Studio: Jane Barker Photography
Location: 237 29th Street, (between Harrison & Broadway) in Oakland.
Guest Artists: I am continuing the tradition of occasional Guest Artists, and Lisa Wicks will be joining me on Sunday December 6th with her amazing knitting – perfect for the Holiday Season!
25% DISCOUNT on all Matted Prints & Framed Prints – currently in stock.
Many Gift Items Under $20.00
MAGNETS – 2 sizes: 50 cents – $2.00
GREETING CARDS – 2 sizes: $2.75 – $3.25
- Desk Calendars (1 design): $5.00
- Wall Calendars (2 designs): one for $15.00 / two for $28.00
To view my work online, please go to: http://www.zazzle.com/jbphotobiz
2. Looking for holiday gifts? Want to support communities in Chiapas? You are invited to a fabulous afternoon of food and holiday cheer!
Hosted by Semilla de Corazon
Sunday, December 6, 2009
2pm – 7pm
Where: 935 Arlington Avenue, Oakland (@ Market)
Please RSVP so we know how much food to cook! (510) 710-1573 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This event will provide many opportunities for you to support our project:
* Enjoy a sit down meal: $10 – $20 sliding scale per person (meat and vegetarian options)
* Purchase artesania from women’s cooperatives in Chiapas
* Zapatista –inspired holiday gifts: soaps, candles, ornaments, cookies
* Holiday mojitos for sale
Proceeds from this event will go directly to the construction of 7 schools in Chiapas, and towards a delegation of youth from Oakland to go help build them!
November 27-December 20th
First Friday Reception: Friday, December 4th, 6-9pm
Join us for the Holidayland Gift Sale! This year we are offering more local original artwork, handmade crafty items, accessories, cards, ornaments, tote bags and creative fun stuff.
Both galleries will be themed with rustic Paul Bunyan decor and are featuring over 100 great local artists, designers and craftspeople. Small works of art, ceramics, accessories, paper goods, household goods, gifts for kiddies, jewelry and many more affordable indie gifts. Many fun activities through out the sale including- Get your holiday photo taken in our themed photo booth (proceeds go to Art in Oakland Schools) and spin the Wheel o’ bounty for prizes.
Both galleries have extended hours through December 20th!
Open: Wednesday-Sunday 12-8pm